Yesterday, Poynter reported that the Associated Press and 28 other news organizations have launched NewsRight, “an ambitious venture to license original news content and collect royalties from aggregators.” Ambitious is right. The fact is, articles no longer have significant monetary value; otherwise, a system like NewsRight wouldn’t need to exist. AP and other legacy media organizations are trying to reverse a trend that’s irreversible.
- happygolacie on Why don’t more people go into tech? (Hint: It’s not an education problem.)
- Davison on Why don’t more people go into tech? (Hint: It’s not an education problem.)
- May Pocket link collection with 40 links on Reviving veewee after Vagrant 1.1
- sethvargo on Technology Preview: Chef Cookbook integration testing with Test Kitchen 1.0
- SuperTech-IT DOT COM on on hacking the Unisys ICON
- Information Technology